Friday 1 May 2009

Spend Time With Other Photographers

Last night I visited my friend John McPake of The Big Picture. With 43 years of being a professional photographer, John is a melting pot of information and he's as enthusiastic today as he was all those years ago when he showed me around his studio when I was around 15 years old. I remember how charged I was back then, how keen I was to get out and shoot some black and white 35mm film and then watching the prints appear and then darken in the developer. Well it's 28 years later and I felt the exact same feeling last night when I left John's house...in a digital way though!

The point I'm trying to make is as the title of this blog says "spend time with other photographers". If your as lucky as I am to know someone like John, then give them a call and get together. Or join a camera club or even take a photography night class at your local collage. I guarantee it will give you the urge to go out and shoot more pictures, and the more you shoot, the better you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment